Monday, May 5, 2008

Gratefulness

A couple of weeks ago at church I was trying to listen to the message and of course my little son wanted to chime in some messages of his own during church. I took him to the mother's room and was sitting there by myself wondering why I bothered to come. (feeling sorry for myself) I could still hear what was going on, but it's no fun to sit there alone. Then Ben looked up at me and grinned, and I began thinking about last year and about how I feared (before I learned I was pregnant) that I would never have a chance to be a mother. I got over my feeling sorry for myself very quickly and thanked God for my son. This is such a short time that he will be a baby and I will never get it back again. I will cherish this time.

After awhile someone else came in and during prayer time I had someone to pray with after all.

2 comments:

K Borseth said...

Angie,

What a great thought. Thank you for being open and sharing this. I have felt the same way and this is a good reminder to me to cherish the days I have with my kids now- I know they will be gone before I know it.
Love you guys.
Kristen

littlemamaguru said...

That is a beautiful story Angie! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

- Dana